Vanilla pudding is simply sweet allowing you to be versatile with your toppings. Whether it’s a pack of berries or whipped cream this homemade dessert recipe is bound to make you smile.
Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract/ Concentrate is house made in small batches to bring you the best taste and aroma every time.
Homemade Vanilla Pudding Recipe with Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 Double Broiler (or a pot with a heat resistant bowl)
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Baking Spatula
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract/Concentrate
- Use the double-broiler method on medium heat and cook the sugar, milk, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add your egg yolks and mix together. Set aside.
- Once the heated mixture starts to thicken, place some (not all) of the heated sugar mixture into the bowl of egg yolks and mix.
- Once combined, add the egg yolk and sugar mixture to the double-broiler. Allow the mixture to cook until everything is combined and has thickened. Remove the pudding from the heat and now add the butter and organic vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Pour the vanilla pudding into each of their serving dishes and cover them with plastic wrap. Let the pudding chill for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the puddings from the fridge and top with the whipped cream and berries. Enjoy!