We get it, being the host for the holidays can be overwhelming! Preparing the house and food can be a lot to juggle. So, here’s an Apple Cider Sangria recipe to make sure at least one thing goes right.
This recipe is easy to throw together the night before and perfect for autumn holidays because of its cozy warm flavors. Before serving, simply pour in the ginger ale or ginger beer and give it a stir. Your guests can help themselves to your delicious fall sangria and enjoy appetizers.
How to Keep the Added Sugar to a Minimum
This Apple Cider Sangria isn’t sugar-free but with the chosen ingredients, we were able to keep the amount of added sugar to a minimum. Instead of adding in table sugar, we used our sugar-free sweetener SweetenFX, which is our proprietary blend of Stevia and Erythritol. This sweetener is our go-to sugar replacer since the ratios and volume are around the same as regular table sugar.
SweetenFX is a sugar substitute without any calories or carbs. Plus its is just as sweet as regular sugar!
The Trick for a Bold Apple Flavor
Organic flavor extracts are the perfect ingredient to have when you’re in a pinch. By using our Red Apple Flavor Extract, you can make sure the apple flavor doesn’t get lost in the mix with just a few drops. For this recipe, we recommend starting with 1/2 tsp of flavor extract. If you feel it needs more flavor, add in 1/4 tsp more!
If you like this apple recipe check out our DIY Apple Lip Scrub!
Overnight Apple Cider Sangria Recipe
- 1 Large Pitcher or Punch Bowl
- Cutting Board
- Large Mixing Spoon
- 3 Apples (Sliced)
- 1 1/2 Oranges (Sliced)
- 2 Bottles White Wine
- 1 cup Brandy
- 2 1/2 cups Apple Cider
- 2 1/2 tbsp Organic SweetenFX
- 1/2 tsp Organic Red Apple Flavor Extract
- 1 1/2 cup Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer
- In a large pitcher, pour in the wine, apple cider, brandy and sugar-free sweetener. Add in 1/2 tsp of Nature’s Flavors Organic Red Apple Extract and stir.
- Place the fruits and cinnamon sticks and stir again.
- Once combined, refrigerate the mixture overnight or for at least 2 hours. Overnight will allow the flavors to set in much better.
- Once it’s ready to serve, carefully pour in the Ginger Ale and stir.