Easy Peppermint Bark Recipe
There are nine more days until Christmas, friends! We’re really stacking up the holiday recipes because we want to make sure we’ve got you covered for this of year. We’re doing a basic but delicious treat today. This easy peppermint bark recipe is perfect for the holidays! We used our Organic Peppermint Extract in the mixture to give it that minty taste.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Measuring spoons
- Rubber spatula
- Microwave safe bowl
- Semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- White chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Peppermint Extract (¼ teaspoon)
- Candy canes (8 canes, crushed)
- Begin by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the semisweet chocolate chips in 30 second increments. This will prevent the chocolate chips from burning.
- Add in Nature’s Flavors Peppermint Extract and stir so that it is evenly distributed.
- Using a rubber spatula, make a thin even layer of chocolate across the prepared baking sheet.
- Place it in the refrigerator and allow it to set for about 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate using the same 30 second increment process as the milk chocolate.
- After the semisweet chocolate layer has set, pour the white chocolate layer on top. Make sure its spread evenly across the semisweet chocolate.
- Sprinkle some crushed candy canes on top and place it back in the refrigerator to set.
- After about 20 minutes, remove it from the refrigerator and break the bark into pieces.
- We hope you enjoyed this easy peppermint bark recipe!