HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! In case you haven’t noticed, we’ve been sticking to those spooky Halloween vibes all week long! With that being said, we present these witchy Charmed Cauldron Cupcakes! These little cauldrons are stuffed with vanilla cupcakes and piped with buttercream frosting to give it that fire-like feel. You don’t need to be a professional baker to put these together so let’s get started!
- Yield: 14 cupcakes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Decorating Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowls (3)
- Bowls (2)
- Electric mixer
- Piping bag
- Star tip
- Cauldron cups
- Cupcake liners
- Cupcake baking tin
- Disposable pipettes
- Baking powder (1 ¼ teaspoon)
- Unsalted butter (softened ½ cup)
- All purpose flour (1 ⅓ cup)
- Salt (½ teaspoon)
- Large eggs (2 eggs)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic SweetenFX Sugar-free Powder for Beverages (1 cup)
- Full fat sour cream (½ cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract (1 ½ teaspoons)
- Unsalted butter (melted, 3 sticks)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract (1 tablespoon)
- Powdered sugar (3 cups)
- Salt (pinch)
- Nature’s Flavors Natural Red Food Coloring (20 drops)
- Heavy cream (3 tablespoons)
- Nature’s Flavors Natural Orange Food Coloring (20 drops)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°.
- Prepare your cupcake baking sheet with cupcake liners. This recipe will make 14 cupcakes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until everything is well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and Nature’s Flavors SweetenFX Sugar until it reaches a fluffy consistency.
- Once the butter and sugar reach it’s fluffy consistency, beat in the eggs.
- Add in Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract.
- Next, add in the sour cream to the mixture. Continue to blend until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix everything together. Do not over mix the batter.
- Scoop the batter into each cupcake liner. Fill each cupcake liner a little over half way.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18 to 22 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and set them on a cooling rack before frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter on medium-high speed for 7 minutes.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar and the salt. Mix on low speed and continue mixing until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Add in Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract and the heavy cream. Continue mixing on low speed.
- Turn the mixer back on high speed and continue to beat the mixture until you reach a fluffy consistency.
- If you don’t like the consistency and it’s too thick, add in more milk, a teaspoon at a time.
- Place an equal amount of the buttercream frosting into two seperate bowls.
- In one bowl of buttercream frosting, add in 20 drops of Nature’s Flavors Natural Red Food Coloring. Mix until you have an even color.
- In the next bowl, add in 20 drops of Nature’s Flavors Natural Orange Food Coloring. Mix until you have an even color.
- Prepare a piping bag with a star tip. The star tip will give the frosting that fire-like appearance.
- Once your cupcakes have cooled, depending on the size of your cauldron holder, fit the cooled cupcakes inside each cauldron.
- We were able to fit three cupcakes in each of our cauldron holders. Make sure there’s an even layer on top because you’ll be frosting the tops of each cupcake.
- Scoop half of the red buttercream frosting and half of the orange buttercream frosting into a piping bag.
- Do a few practice flames on a napkin to make sure that your colors are accurate.
- Begin piping every cupcake to create fire-like flames. Cover the entire surface of each cupcake with flames.
- Enjoy your Charmed Cauldron Cupcakes!