Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies
Happy National Rice Krispie treat day! Yes folks, theres an actual holiday to celebrate how incredible rice krispies are. We’re not mad about it though! In fact, we’re so delighted that we created this delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie recipe! Making rice krispie treats is pretty straight forward but we have a few tricks and tips that may be helpful in the process.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Set time: 1 hour
- Yield: 20 treats
- Baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Large pot
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Rubber spatula
- Nature’s Flavors Butter Replacement
- Mini Marshmallows (two 10oz bags)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract
- Salt (a pinch)
- Rice Krispies Cereal (9 cups)
- Baking Chocolate (2 ounces)
- Heavy Whipping Cream (¼ cup)
- Peanut Butter (2 tablespoons)
- Prepare the baking pan with parchment paper. Using a nonstick cooking spray, lightly grease the parchment paper. The rice krispie treats will set on this baking pan. Set the baking pan aside.
- Place the butter in a large pot and melt it over medium heat.
- After the butter has melted. slowly add in the marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows have completely melted.
- Carefully remove the pot from the heat and add a pinch of salt and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the cereal making sure that every piece of cereal is coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into your prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, lightly spread the mixture down into the pan. Don’t press the mixture down with a lot of pressure, you want your rice krispie treats to be light and fluffy.
- Finely chop the baking chocolate and place into a bowl.
- Warm up heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan until it begins to gently simmer.
- Pour the warm cream over the chopped chocolate and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Stir the mixture until both the ingredients are combined.
- When the ganache is cooled and thick, drizzle it over the rice krispie treats.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat up 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Stir the peanut butter.
- Drizzle over treats.
More no-bake treats