Candied Sweet Potato Rounds
We’d describe these Candied Sweet Potato Rounds like a sweet potato casserole…but on the go! They’re perfect for the holidays because nothing screams thanksgiving like sweet potatoes!
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Pastry brush
- Parchment paper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Melted butter (2 tablespoons)
- Sweet potatoes (peeled, sliced, 4)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Pure Maple Syrup (1 teaspoon)
- Jumbo marshmallows (10 oz.)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Flavor Oil (¼ teaspoon)
- Pecan halves (½ cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Amaretto Flavor Oil (¼ teaspoon)
- Brown sugar (1 tablespoon)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Hazelnut Flavor Oil (¼ teaspoon)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400°.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and spraying it with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut and slice them into ¼” thick rounds.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.
- Add Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Flavor Oil, Amaretto Flavor Oil, and the Hazelnut Flavor Oil to the butter. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Add in Nature’s Flavors Organic Pure Maple Syrup to the mixture.
- Lastly, add in the brown sugar and stir until the mixture is smooth. This will be your “candied butter mixture”.
- Toss the sliced sweet potato rounds onto the baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, coat each sweet potato round with the candied butter mixture.
- Bake on each side for 12 minutes. Flip each of them over and bake them for another 12 minutes.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and add a single marshmallow to the top of each sweet potato.
- Bake them for 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and top each of the rounds with a pecan half.
- Enjoy your Candied Sweet Potato Rounds!