Keto Pecan Pie
We’re back with another Keto recipe for you guys. Today, we made a Keto Pecan Pie! Although, this recipe looks like it requires a ton of work, we promise that it doesn’t. It only calls for a few basic ingredients and a whole lotta love!
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl (2 bowls)
- Parchment paper
- Electric mixer
- Aluminum foil
- Pie pan
- Food processor
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Saute pan
Keto Coconut Pie Crust
- Eggs (2 eggs)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (¼ teaspoon)
- Coconut Flour (1 cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract (1 teaspoon)
- Butter (½ cup, cut into cubes)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic SweetenFX Sugar-free Sugar (¼ cup)
- Coconut Pie Crust
- Butter (¾ cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic SweetenFX Sugar-free Sugar (¾ cup)
- Heavy whipping cream (1 ½ cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract (½ tablespoon)
- Large Egg
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Maple Extract (¾ teaspoon)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Pecans (2 ½ cups, chopped)
Keto Coconut Pie Crust
- Begin by preheating the oven to 400°.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the eggs, oil, and Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the salt, coconut flour, and Nature’s Flavors Organic SweetenFX Sugar-free Sugar until everything is well combined.
- Place the wet and dry mixtures into a food processor.
- Add in the cubed butter.
- Process the ingredients together by using the pulse setting until the mixture looks like crumbles.
- Prepare a pie pan by spraying it with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the crumbles onto the pie pan.
- Using your hands, press the crumbles to form the pie crust.
- With a fork, make small and random holes at the bottom of the crust.
- Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the pie crust has baked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
Keto Pecan Pie Filling
- Prepare the oven by preheating it to 350°.
- In a large saute pan, combine the butter and Nature’s Flavors Organic Sugar-free Sugar. Heat both ingredients for about five minutes (or until golden brown) on medium to low heat. Make sure to stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Once the mixture has become a golden brown color, add the cream and sea salt. Bring the ingredients to a simmer.
- Let the mixture simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. It should be bubbly and reach a golden brown color.
- Remove the pie filling from the heat and add in Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract and Nature’s Flavors Organic Maple Extract. Stir so that everything is well combined.
- Allow the pie filling to cool for about 20 minutes.
- You’re going to whisk an egg into the filling so it should be warm. You don’t want it to be too hot because you want to avoid the egg cooking in the mixture. Set aside.
- Place the chopped pecans in the coconut pie crust. Make an even layer.
- Pour the pie filling into the pie crust and top it with more pecans.
- Cover the edges of the pie with aluminum foil to avoid the edges from burning.
- Bake the pie for about 40 – 45 minutes or until the top of the pie reaches a dark brown color.
- Allow the pie to cool completely before slicing.
- Enjoy your Keto Pecan Pie!