Red Velvet Mug Cake
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and we’re thrilled. The holidays give us the perfect excuse to have a Red Velvet Mug Cake for breakfast! After all, it sorta looks like a muffin, right?
- Soy milk (¼ cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Sugar-free SweetenFX Sugar (¼ cup)
- All-purpose flour (6 tablespoons)
- Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil (3 tablespoons)
- Baking powder (¼ teaspoon)
- Nature’s Flavors SweetenFX Sugar-free Powder (to garnish)
- Egg (1 large egg)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (a pinch)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Cocoa Powder (2 tablespoons)
- White vinegar (½ teaspoon)
- Nature’s Flavors Cherry Red Food Coloring (2 tablespoons)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Small mixing bowl (3 bowls)
- Serving mugs (2 mugs)
- Mixing spoon
- Parchment paper
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the milk and white vinegar. Mix and set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, Nature’s Flavors Cocoa Powder, flour, and Nature’s Flavors SweetenFX Sugar. Stir well so that all the ingredients are well combined.
- Combine Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil, egg, Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract, and Nature’s Flavors Cherry Red Food Coloring in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- Next, add the oil mixture and the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Divide the batter into two mugs making sure not to fill them past their halfway point.
- Microwave each mug individually for a 1 and 30 seconds.
- If your mug cake appears doughy, microwave it for another 15 seconds.
- Allow it to cool.
- Using parchment paper, create a heart stencil. You’ll be using this stencil to create the heart at the top of your mug cake.
- Place the stencil on top of the cake and sprinkle some of Nature’s Flavors SweetenFX Sugar-free Powder to create a powdered heart.
- We hope you enjoy this Red Velvet Mug Cake!
Other yummy desserts
- Chocolate Mint Avocado Pudding
- Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Arroz con Leche Recipe
- Tres Leches Cake with Butter Rum Frosting