All-natural Pumpkin Pie Lip Balm
The days are getting chillier and with chillier days come chapped lips. But don’t you worry! We’ve got you and your chapped lips covered! We made this ultra hydrating all-natural pumpkin pie lip balm! It’s perfect for the season! So let’s begin!
- Heatproof measuring glass (2)
- Measuring cups
- Disposable pipettes
- Cutting board
- Stainless steel spoon
- Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil (¼ cup)
- Candelilla Wax (¾ cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Orange Food Coloring (oil soluble, 15 drops)
- Cocoa Butter (¼ cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Pumpkin Pie Flavor Oil for Lip Balm (15 drops)
- Begin by melting the cocoa butter in a heatproof measuring glass. Melt it in 30 second intervals to avoid burning. The handle will be very hot, be very careful when handling it.
- Once the cocoa butter has reached an oil-like consistency, remove it from the microwave and set it aside.
- Next, melt the candelilla wax in a heatproof measuring glass. Once again, melt it in 30 second intervals. Set aside.
- Carefully, pour the melted cocoa butter into the melted candelilla wax.
- Add in Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil, Nature’s Flavors Organic Orange Food Coloring, and Nature’s Flavors Pumpkin Pie Flavor Oil.
- Using a stainless steel spoon, mix everything together until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Pull the spoon out of the lip balm mixture and allow it to harden.
- Once it hardens, test the lip balm. If you’d like your lip balm to be softer, add more coconut oil, if you’d like it to be harder, add more candelilla wax.
- After you’re satisfied with the consistency of your lip balm mixture, carefully pour it into your desired tin, tube, or glass.
- Allow it to set before using.
- Enjoy your All-natural Pumpkin Pie Lip Balm!
Other DIY projects