We take time to buff our body and exfoliate our face but many of us neglect our lips. The lips are a very sensitive part of our faces and for that very reason it’s crucial we understand the benefits of lip exfoliation. Did you know that the lips are 100 times more sensitive than your fingertips? There are millions of nerve endings around the lips, that’s what makes them so sensitive to external effects! Our DIY Marshmallow Lip Scrub will heal chapped and dry lips. Let’s get started!
- Exfoliating your lips lifts dead skin cells and helps bring back that natural pink pouty color we’re used to seeing.
Eliminates Dead Skin
- When too many skin cells build on the surface of your lips it causes them to look and feel chapped. Exfoliating your lips will help remove the dry and dead skin cells.
Preps for Hydration
- Using a lip scrub to remove the outer layer of the dead cells prepares your lips for hydrating products. It allows those hydrating products to work more effectively and penetrate the skin better.
Coconut Oil Benefits
- Hydrating emollient
- Pain-relieving properties
- Coconut oil has the ability to keep your lips free of germs
Granular Sugar Benefits
- Natural form of Glycolic Acid
- Has the ability to transfer water molecules from the air into skin tissue to help replenish moisture
- Gentle exfoliant
- Natural Humectant
- Humectants attract water to your skin’s surface and they deliver nutrients to your skin’s deepest layers
Organic Marshmallow Flavor Oil
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Marshmallow Flavor Oil has a sunflower base and other natural flavors.
- All of our products are derived from plants and vegetables
- 2 tablespoons of Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil
- 6 tablespoons of Nature’s Flavors Organic Granular Sugar
- 3-5 drops of Nature’s Flavors Organic Marshmallow Flavor Oil
- To begin, mix all of your ingredients together.
- Next, we added 5 drops of our Organic Marshmallow Flavor Oil to our lip scrub but we wouldn’t recommend going over 7 drops. You don’t want to over flavor your mixture. It may cause it to taste ‘chemical’ like.
- Enjoy your DIY Marshmallow Lip Scrub!