There is absolutely nothing wrong with baking a mini apple pie for yourself, we promise, we’re not judging you. Do you! We created this recipe for champions like you. Our Pie Filling really does the hard work for you. You don’t have to worry about creating the apple pie sauce because our apple pie filling is ready to go. We added a few more ingredients to the recipe but that’s only because we wanted to spice it up a bit. Let’s get started!
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Mini Pie Tin
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Granny Smith Apple
- Nature’s Flavors Butter Replacement (1 tablespoon)
- Ground Cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Apple Pie Filling (½ cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Sugar-free SweetenFX Sugar (2 tablespoons)
- Ground Nutmeg (¼ teaspoon)
- Lemon Juice (½ teaspoon)
- Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust (1 roll)
- Salt (a pinch)
- Flour (rolling the pie crust)
- To begin, preheat your oven 450º.
- Cut the granny smith apple into smaller chunks. It’s all personal preference but keep in mind that this will be a mini pie so chop your apples accordingly. Set aside.
- Prepare your pie tin by spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a pan on medium heat, allow Nature’s Flavors Butter Replacement to melt and spread across the pan.
- Toss the apple chunks in and stir so that the butter replacement covers the apples.
- Mix in the cinnamon, Nature’s Flavors SweetenFX Sugar, nutmeg, lemon juice, and salt into the pan. Make sure that everything is well combined.
- Bring the heat down to a low setting and pour in Nature’s Flavors Organic Apple Pie Filling. Stir everything together and allow the mixture to simmer.
- While your mixture is warming up, spread some flour on a hard and clean surface and roll out your pie crust.
- Carefully line your mini pie tin with the pie crust dough.
- Once your mixture has reached a caramel like consistency, pour the apple pie filling you created into your prepared pie tin.
- Using the remaining dough, cut ½” (wide) strips of dough. Layer and weave these strips to make the top layer of your pie.
- Place your mini pie in on a baking sheet and let it bake for 25-30 minutes or until your pie crust becomes golden brown.
- Enjoy your mini apple pie!