We love the feeling of stepping out of a long shower and your skin feeling baby soft. But the real question is, how often does your body wash/scrub actually do that for you? We know that you can buy a tub of body scrub at your local drugstore but do you know the exact ingredients that it contains? It’s totally okay to not know! That’s why we’re here. We’re here to help you understand the importance of knowing about what you’re putting on your skin. We created a peach body sugar scrub using all organic products and we’re all for it!
Hormones, weather, and dietary conditions can cause your skin to become dry. In order to keep our skin healthy and moisturized we often indulge in lotions and serums. However, using too many of these products can often leave you with clogged pores because of the oil that begins to build up. Exfoliating our skin two to three times a week can help restore and refresh clogged pores.
Why sugar scrubs?
Sugar is a natural form of glycolic acid.
- Glycolic Acid is mainly derived from sugar cane, sugar beets, and pineapple.
- Main purpose is to exfoliate the skin.
- Helps with acne prone skin.
- Possesses anti-aging properties.
- Has the ability to transfer water molecules from the air into skin tissue to help replenish moisture.
Sugar is a gentle exfoliant.
- Sugar helps shed old skin cells to reveal new and healthier skin underneath.
- Scrubbing sugar over your skin boosts circulation to drain your lymph nodes. It then increases blood flow to your skin’s surface.
Sugar is a natural humectant.
- Natural Humectants attract water to your skin’s surface.
- Help hydrate and deliver nutrients to your skin’s deepest layers.
Now that we have explored the benefits of sugar, let’s dive into what you’ll be needing to create this nourishing, all organic, Peach Body Sugar Scrub!
What you’ll need
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Granular Sugar
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Sunflower Oil
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Peach Fragrance Oil
Tools you’ll need
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mason Jar
- Wooden Spoon (optional)
What to do
- In a bowl, place Nature’s Flavors Organic Granular Sugar and Nature’s Flavors Organic Sunflower Oil.
- Mix together
- Slowly begin to add in Nature’s Flavors Organic Peach Fragrance Oil.
- Mix well.
- Place your sugar scrub into your mason jar and seal.