Coconut Oil + Cinnamon Hair Mask
Were you aware that the average human head contains over 100,000 hair follicles? And did you know that we lose about 50 to 100 hair strands a day? We bet you didn’t. There’s no need to feel concerned about your hair falling out because it’s natural and it happens to all of us. However, there are plenty of ways to keep your scalp and hair healthy. This DIY coconut oil and cinnamon hair mask is a natural way of indulging your hair in goodness!
Benefits of Coconut Oil & Cinnamon
In case you haven’t noticed, ‘coconut’ is usually listed in many of cosmetic and hair products. That’s because coconut oil is full of various beneficial properties for our hair, body, and skin. Coconut Oil is rich in antioxidants and it also happens to have properties that are antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral. Using coconut oil for hair can improve the overall health of your hair. Here are a few benefits!
- Stimulates hair growth
- Coconut oil has the ability to get deep into your hair follicles. It helps strengthen hair and nourish the scalp. Therefore, causing your hair to grow over time.
- Moisturizes dry hair
- Coconut oil helps gets deep in the hair shaft which then makes damaged hair look and feel healthier.
- Adds shine
- Instead of using shine serums on your hair that are usually full of silicones, try adding a few drops of coconut oil. Coconut oil can leave your hair glistening.
- Prevents frizz
- Frizzy hair occurs when water/humidity enters the hair shaft, it then swells and looks uneven. Coconut oil has the ability to stop the hair from absorbing water, preventing frizz.
Cinnamon is a powerful spice, not just in the kitchen but in a beauty regimen too. It’s been harvested as early as 2000 BCE and it continues to be used in today’s world. Using cinnamon on your scalp and on your hair can make a difference in your overall hair health.
- Stimulates hair growth
- Using cinnamon can help stimulate the scalp and increase blood circulation which can then aid in hair growth. It may cause a tingling sensation but many say it means that there is more blood rushing.
- Antimicrobial properties
- Cinnamon has antimicrobial properties which may help in problems with dandruff caused my fungal infections.
- Exfoliation benefits
- Applying diluted cinnamon throughout your scalp can throughly cleanse your scalp and get rid of product/debris buildup. It can unclog hair follicles and it keeps your scalp healthy.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil
- Ground Cinnamon
Before applying your mask, be sure to test a small area of skin first. You want to make sure that your skin can handle the mask. If the tested area burns or you feel discomfort, wash it off immediately and don’t apply it to your scalp.
- Mix Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil and ground cinnamon together in a clean bowl.
- Warm your hair mask mixture in the microwave for about 10 seconds. You don’t want it to be too hot because it can damage hair or burn your scalp.
- With clean fingers, massage the coconut oil and cinnamon hair mask all over your scalp.
- Spread the remaining mixture throughout the ends of your hair.
- Leave on the mask for 15 minutes.
- Wash out the hair mask and continue with your normal hair regime.