Classic Applesauce Recipe
Whether you’re two, twenty two, or ninety two, applesauce continues to be a favorite snack to many of us! It’s delicious on a hot summer day and it’s even better during the chillier seasons. We created a delicious applesauce recipe so that you don’t have to continue to buy processed goods. We want you to know what it’s like to have full control of your ingredient list. After all, we are the only ones that control what goes into our bodies!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yields: 4 servings
- Cutting board
- Apple peeler
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large pot
- Food processor / Potato masher
- Apples (6 apples)
- Lemon Juice (2 tablespoons)
- Nature’s Flavors SweetenFX Sugar (¼ cup)
- Water (½ cup)
- Ground Cinnamon (½ teaspoon)
- Salt (¼ teaspoon)
Step by step
- Peel, core, and chop up all of your apples. We used Gala apples for our applesauce but it’s all personal preference. There’s nothing wrong with experimenting!
- Place apples in a large pot and add water, lemon juice, Nature’s Flavors SweetenFX sugar, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Bring everything to a boil on high heat.
- Once you’ve reached a boil, turn to a low heat and cover the pot.
- Keep your apples at a low simmer for about 30 minutes or until you notice that the apples are soft and completely cooked.
- Remove the apples from heat.
- We opted for a smoother applesauce so we used a food processor to blend everything together.
- Serve hot or cold and enjoy!
- If you prefer a chunkier applesauce, try using a potato masher instead of a food processor.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar used in this recipe depending on your own personal preference.
- If you enjoyed this delicious snack, make sure to check out our Pumpkin Mousse recipe!