Benefits of Golden Milk + Vegan Recipe
What is Golden Milk?
Golden Milk is a traditional Indian drink that’s derived from Ayurvedic Medicine. This drink has gained popularity in Western culture because its key ingredients are loaded with antioxidants. Golden milk is made with turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon. These elements have ample amounts of beneficial properties for the mind and body.
Benefits of Golden Milk
- Cinnamon, Turmeric, & Ginger
- Turmeric’s active ingredient is curcumin. It’s strong antioxidant properties aid in fighting cell damage. Studies have shown that a diet that’s rich in antioxidants may help lower the risk of disease and infection.
- Cinnamon can be used to help fight inflammation. It’s been used in complementary medicine for many years because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti nausea, and anticancer properties.
- Prevention of Heart Diasese
- Limited studies have shown that cinnamon, turmeric, and ginger have helped reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Brain Function & Memory Improvement
- Plenty of studies have shown that turmeric may help improve brain function.
- Cinnamon has been used on animal studies and has shown that the spice helped preserve specific proteins that protect symptoms related to Parkinson’s disease.
- Mood management
- Some studies have shown that turmeric’s active ingredient, curcumin, may help boost mood and ease symptoms of depression.
- Depression is often linked to low levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). Curcumin has shown signs of boosting levels of BDNF.
- Reduce Inflammation and Joint Pain
- Ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon contain potent anti-inflammatory elements. Individuals whose diets are rich in anti-inflammatory compounds have a lower risk of experiencing chronic diseases.
- Studies proved that the beneficial properties of curcumin have been comparable to pharmaceutical drugs but with zero side effects.
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Serving cups
- Light coconut milk (1 ½ cups)
- Unsweetened plain almond milk (1 ½ cups)
- Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Ground turmeric (1 ½ teaspoon)
- Ground ginger (¼ teaspoon)
- Cinnamon stick or
- Ground cinnamon (¼ teaspoon)
- Ground black pepper (a pinch)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic SweetenFX Sugar-free Sugar (1 tablespoon or sweeten to taste)
- On medium heat, in a saucepan, combine the coconut milk, almond milk, cinnamon stick, ground turmeric, ground ginger, Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil, black pepper, and Nature’s Flavors Sweetenfx sugar.
- Whisk the mixture so that all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Keep mixing the mixture.
- Heat the milk for about 4 minutes or until it’s warm to touch. However, don’t allow it to boil.
- Turn of the heat and make any desired adjustments.
- Enjoy your Vegan Golden Milk!