Who has two thumbs and hates a heatwave? ALL OF US! The heat at the moment is unbearable and it causes profuse sweating on our face, which attracts pollutants in the air, germs, and other horrible microscopic things just like a magnet. The dirt and grime clog our pores which means… you guessed… acne for a longer period of time. Ugh, none of us want that!
Thankfully, Nature’s Flavors is here to save your day from boredom and pimples with these Vanilla Coffee Lotion Bars recipe we just made!
They’re made from natural and organic ingredients, and they’re amazing for your skin.
Here are the many benefits of coffee beans for your skincare:
Coffee is full of antioxidants, polyphenols, stimulants, and chlorogenic acids (the caffeine). Antioxidants protect your skin by reducing pigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles to help keep you looking younger and radiant. Polyphenols can act as a sunscreen and protect your skin from UV rays. These two ingredients combined will exfoliate your skin, serve as an acne treatment, and protect you from UV rays (please continue to wear sunscreen; the intake of polyphenols will not replace sunscreen).
LET’S MAKE SOME LOTION BARS!
Start by setting the stove or hot plate to a low heat and place the bowl on the appliance (the bowl should be empty). In separate small bowls, put the beeswax and cocoa butter in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Pour the beeswax and cocoa butter into the medium bowl on the appliance. Add the sunflower oil, vanilla fragrance oil, and golden jojoba oil. The liquid in the bowl will look a dark yellow.
Use a spoon to stir and mix all of the ingredients together. The liquid should be ready after a couple of minutes.
Use a towel or mitten to carefully remove the bowl from the appliance. Pour the liquid into the silicone molds. Fill a quarter of the molds and put in as many coffee beans as you would like. Place the silicone molds in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool them off. This is the first layer of the lotion bars.
After the 10 minutes, take the molds out of the refrigerator. Pour the rest of the liquid into the molds and add more coffee beans. Put the molds back into the refrigerator and wait 1 hour.
Take the molds out of the refrigerator and voilà! You just made yourself some DIY Vanilla Coffee Lotion Bars!
Jump to Recipe
Vanilla Coffee Lotion Bars
- Glass/Stainless Steel Bowl (Medium)
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Silicone Molds
- Stove or Hot Plate
- ¼ cup Beeswax
- ¼ cup Nature's Flavors Natural Sunflower Oil
- 1 ¼ cup Cocoa Butter
- 2 tbsp Whole Coffee Beans
- 1 tbsp Nature's Flavors Organic Vanilla Fragrance Oil
- 1 tbsp Nature's Flavors Golden Jojoba Oil
- Place the beeswax, sunflower oil, cocoa butter, and the vanilla fragrance oil in a bowl.
- Place the bowl on a hot plate or stove and set it to a low heat.
- Mix until all of your ingredients are well combined.
- Next, fill your silicone molds about a quarter of the way and add some coffee beans. You'll have to allow it to set before you add more of your mixture in. We want to avoid your coffee beans from floating to the top.
- Once each mold is ¼ filled, place them in the fridge for 10 minutes. Continue to heat the bowl with the remaining mixture on low.
- After the 10 minutes, remove the silicone molds from the refrigerator and finish filling each mold with the remaining mixture and coffee beans. Then, place them back in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Once your lotion bars have set, pop them out and moisturize! We hope you enjoyed!
- You can swap out the vanilla fragrance oil for any fragrance oil you’d like! Find more fragrance oils here!
- Our fragrances are natural or organic, and because of that their scent won’t be as strong as synthetic fragrances. Synthetic fragrances include harsh chemicals that can negatively affect your skin. If the fragrance isn’t strong enough, feel free to add more.
- Store your lotion bars in a cool place to keep them from melting.