5 Health Benefits of Dates
Happy Wellness Wednesday! Today we’ll be discussing dates and their wholesome benefits for our bodies. However, we know a few of you may be thinking about the act of dating but that’s not our topic today! We’re exploring dates, the fruit instead. We try to inform our customers on the importance of healthy and nutritious fruits, vegetables, & herbs. With that being said, here are a few benefits of dates!
High in Antioxidants
- Dates are loaded with various antioxidants that provide our bodies with many health benefits.
- Antioxidants help fight off free radicals throughout your body. Free radicals have been linked to various illnesses that can cause the human body serious harm.
Rich in Fiber
- A diet that is rich in fiber is important for your well being.
- Fiber promotes regular bowel movements which prevents constipation.
- Studies have shown that individuals who consumed a certain amount of dates per day over 21 days, experienced improvements in bowel movements.
- Dates are known to be a natural sweetener because they’re a source of fructose.
- Some describe the taste of dates as a caramel-like raisin.
- They can be used as a healthy substitute for white sugar because they’re so naturally sweet.
May Aid in Bone Health
- Dates contain various types of minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- All of these minerals have been proven to aid in bone health. More studies are needed to make final conclusions though.
May Promote Brain Function
- Some studies have shown that consuming dates may help in lowering inflammatory markers in the brain.
- A marker known as interleukin 6 (high levels) has been associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Many studies have been performed on animals and because of that more research on humans must be performed before any final conclusions are made.
Other Health and Wellness Articles
Categories: Health and Wellness