Our horchata flavor extract is the star of the show today! Let’s make these horchata marshmallow rolls! Here is what you’ll need.
- Mixing bowls (3 small bowls)
- Rolling pin
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Mixing spoons (3 spoons)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Disposable pipette
- Ground cinnamon (1 ½ teaspoon)
- Puff pastry (2 – 8.5 oz. sheets, thawed)
- Jumbo marshmallows (10 marshmallows)
- Brown sugar (3 tablespoons)
- Granulated sugar (¼ cup)
- Unsalted butter (2 tablespoons, melted)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Horchata Flavor Extract (16 drops)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 375°.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar and one teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Mix and set aside.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and the remaining ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix the ingredients together and set aside.
- On a clean surface, sprinkle one tablespoon of the granulated sugar mixture to cover enough space for your puff pastry sheet.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on top of the sugar mixture and sprinkle another layer of the sugar mixture on top of the sheet.
- Using a rolling pin, roll over the sheet to allow the sugar to stick onto the sheet.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining puff pastry sheets.
- Using a knife, cut the pastry sheet into five equal strips.
- In a small mixing bowl, melt the butter. Add in Nature’s Flavors Organic Horchata Flavor extract. Stir well.
- Working with one pastry strip at a time, dip a jumbo marshmallow into the melted butter mixture and then coat it in the brown sugar mixture.
- Place the marshmallow at at the end of the strip and roll it up.
- Place your Horchata Marshmallow Roll (seam-side down) onto your prepared baking sheet and repeat this process with the remaining pastry strips.
- Bake your rolls for about 28 to 32 minutes or until they turn a golden brown color.
- Once they have finished baking, remove the rolls from the baking sheet and place them onto a clean sheet of parchment paper. This will help keep your rolls away from the messy melted marshmallow.