Happy holidays friends! We love this time of the year and what better way to celebrate than with holiday gingerbread cookies!
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Plastic wrap
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- Gingerbread cookie cutters
- Cooling rack
- Brown sugar (¾ cup)
- Large egg
- All-purpose flour (3 cups)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract (1 teaspoon)
- Baking soda (1 teaspoon)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Molasses (⅓ cup)
- Softened butter (¾ cup)
- Black pepper (½ teaspoon)
- Ginger (ground, 1 tablespoon)
- Cinnamon (ground, 1 teaspoon)
- Cloves, (ground, ½ teaspoon)
- Nutmeg (ground, ¼ teaspoon)
- Salt (½ teaspoon)
- Zest of orange
- Fresh ginger (grated, 2″ piece)
- Nature’s Flavors Powdered SweetenFX Sugar–free Sugar (3 cups)
- Soy milk (¼ cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Corn Syrup Replacement (¼ cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Pure Organic Almond Extract (¼ teaspoon)
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and Nature’s Flavors Organic Molasses until it becomes fluffy. We recommend mixing for about two minutes.
- Beat in the egg and Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract until everything is well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices together.
- Slowly begin to add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with the mixer on medium speed.
- Then, add the orange zest, fresh ginger, and black pepper to the mixture. Don’t overmix the ingredients though.
- Divide the dough into two equal halves. Wrap them up with plastic wrap and allow them to chill in the refrigerator for about 2 – 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a stable surface and lightly flour it. You’ll be rolling out the dough here.
- Set the dough onto the parchment paper and place another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll our the dough until it’s about 1/4″ thick. Cut out the gingerbread men with a gingerbread cutter and transfer them onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the gingerbread cookies for about 9 to 10 minutes or until they are slightly puffed.
- Allow them to cool completely before decorating them with icing.
- In a medium bowl combine Nature’s Flavors Organic Corn Syrup Replacement, Nature’s Flavors Powdered SweetenFX Sugar-free Sugar, Nature’s Flavors Pure Organic Almond Extract, and soy milk. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Enjoy your Holiday Gingerbread Cookies!