Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Happy National Make a Dog’s Day! How many of you guys have puppies at home? Whether your dog is a year old or 10 years old, in our eyes, they will always be puppies. We knew we had to do something special today so we made these Homemade Organic Peanut Butter Dog Treats! Before we get into the recipe, we’d like to go over a few benefits that homemade dog treats offer.
No filler ingredients
- Many pet foods/treats bulk their products with inadequate filler ingredients. Companies are allowed to create larger amounts of food for a reduced price.
- Filler ingredients throughout dog food/treats can often be allergy causing ingredients.
Nothing is preserved
- Artificial preservatives are very common amongst dog food/treats. Just how humans try their best to avoid preservatives, dogs should too.
- Preservatives can make your dog’s existing health problems even worse.
You decide what your doggo eats
- Making homemade treats for your dog allows you to be in control of what he/she eats.
- Although, dog food/treat companies offer ingredient labels they aren’t always specific. This can cause your pet to eat mysterious ingredients that aren’t accounted for.
- Rolling pin
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- Parchment paper
- Dog bone cookie cutter
- Baking pan
- Organic Coconut Flour (2 cups)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Coconut Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Organic Pumpkin Puree (1 cup)
- Organic Eggs (2)
- Organic Peanut Butter (¼ cup)
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, beat Nature’s Flavors Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Pumpkin Puree, Organic Eggs, and the Organic Peanut Butter. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Gradually add in the Organic Coconut Flour until the mixture becomes dough like.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface and lightly flour it.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to about 1/4″ in thickness.
- Using the dog bone cookie cutter, cut out doggy bone treats and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake the treats for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make sure that your pupper isn’t allergic to any of the ingredients listed above.
- If you’d like the dog treats to be chewier, bake them for a shorter amount of time. If you’d like them to be crispier, we suggest baking them for about 20-25 minutes.
- If you decide to make these Homemade Organic Peanut Butter Dog Treats for your pup, make sure to tag us on Instagram! @naturesflavors