Horchata Mousse Recipe
Horchata is perfection in a cup but Horchata Mousse is even more heavenly! In case you’re wondering what exactly Horchata is; horchata is a delicious drink made from rice and cinnamon that is usually sweetened with sugar. It is very common and enjoyed among South America and Europe. Let’s begin this Horchata Mousse Recipe!
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Electric mixer
- Ziplock bag
- Chilled glass
- Water (2 cups)
- Cinnamon Stick
- Sweetened Condensed Milk (½ cup)
- Long White Rice (1 cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Agar Agar (1 ½ teaspoons)
- Horchata Mixture (½ cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Powdered Sugar (⅔ cup)
- Heavy Whipping Cream (1 cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract (½ teaspoon)
- Maria Cookies (1 cup, crushed)
- Ground Cinnamon (sprinkling)
- In a bowl, combine water and white rice. Add in a cinnamon stick. Allow it to set overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Once your water and white rice have set, throw it all in the blender. Break the cinnamon stick in pieces for easier blending.
- Blend everything together until it all looks smooth.
- Using a strainer, strain the horchata mixture into a bowl.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk into the horchata mixture.
- Using a spatula, mix everything together so that the ingredients are well combined.
- Slowly pour the horchata mix into a pot and set it to a low setting. Keep stirring but don’t allow the mixture to simmer or boil.
- Add in Nature’s Flavors Agar Agar to the mixture.
- Continue to stir the horchata mix until the Agar Agar dissolves completely.
- Add in Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Flavor Extract.
- Once the Agar Agar has dissolved, pour the mixture back into a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks and add in Nature’s Flavors Organic Powdered Sugar.
- Using a spatula, add the heavy whipping cream into the horchata mixture.
- Using a ziplock bag, crush 12-15 of Maria’s cookies. This will be the bottom layer of your mousse.
- Place the crushed cookies at the bottom of your chilled glass. Pipe you Horchata Mousse into your chilled glass and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Tres Leches Cake & Butter Rum Frosting
- No-bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- White Chocolate Banana Truffles
- No-bake Mini Cheesecakes