Thanksgiving is tomorrow!! We’re so excited! We decided to put together a Sugar-free Crème Brûlée recipe today. Just because it’s sugar-free, doesn’t mean it’s not tasty. In fact, it makes it that much better! You can enjoy a delicious dessert without having to worry about all that sugar. Let’s begin!
- Large pot
- Small pot
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Electric blender
- Stirring spoon
- Baking Pan (9″ x 13″)
- Eggs (5 large eggs, egg yolks)
- Heavy cream (2 cups)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract (½ tablespoon)
- Sea salt (¼ teaspoon)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic SweetenFX Sugar-free Sugar (¾ cup)
- Water (6 cups)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 325°.
- In a small pot, heat the sea salt and heavy cream. Mix the ingredients until the cream begins to simmer. Make sure that you do not boil the cream.
- Remove the pot from the stove and add in Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract. Stir so that all the ingredients are well combined.
- Allow the mixture to slightly cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks and Nature’s Flavors Organic SweetenFX Sugar-free Sugar. Beat the mixture until it forms a light consistency. Set aside.
- In a large pot, set the water to boil.
- Add about 1/4 of the cream mixture into the egg + sugar mixture. Stir until all the ingredients are well mixed. Finish by pouring the remaining cream mixture into the bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekin. Make sure that you pour an even layer.
- Place the ramekins in a metal 9 x 13 baking pan. Add the boiling water to the baking pan until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekin.
- Bake the Crème Brûlée for 30 to 35 minutes or until the centers slightly jiggle.
- Allow them to completely cool first.
- Once they have cooled, place them in the refrigerator. for 3-4 hours.
- When the Crème Brûlée is ready to be served, add the remaining sugar on top of the custards.
- Place the ramekins back inside the oven on broil. This will only take about 1-3 minutes so be careful not to burn them.
- Enjoy your Sugar-free Crème Brûlée!