Thanksgiving Vegan Carrot Cake
Everyone and their momma has pie during the holidays, it’s almost like an unspoken tradition. With that being said, why not change it up a bit and have cake instead? We put together this delicious Thanksgiving Vegan Carrot Cake!
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Round baking pan
Vegan Carrot Cake
- Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil (⅓ cup)
- Applesauce (1 scant cup)
- Brown sugar (½ cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Sugar-free Sugar
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Pure Maple Syrup (½ cup)
- Almond flour (1 ½ cups)
- Gluten-free flour blend (1 ½ cups)
- Salt (¾ teaspoon)
- Baking soda (1 ½ teaspoon)
- Ground cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Baking powder (1 ½ teaspoon)
- Unsweetened soy milk (¾ cup)
- Flax egg (3 tablespoons of flaxseed meal + 7 ½ tablespoons of water)
- Grated carrot (1 ½ cup)
Rum Buttercream Frosting
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Powdered Sugar (2 cups)
- Vegan butter (1 cup)
- Soy milk (1 tablespoon)
- Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract (¼ teaspoon)
Vegan Carrot Cake
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°.
- Prepare your round baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, make the flax egg.
- Add in Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil, Nature’s Flavors Maple Syrup, salt, baking soda, sugars, applesauce, cinnamon, and baking powder to the bowl. Whisk everything together to form a smooth consistency.
- Once everything in the bowl has been combined, add in the soy milk. Stir very well.
- Add the grated carrots, almond flour, and gluten-free flour to the bowl. The batter should be of a thicker consistency however, you should still be able to easily pour it.
- If the batter is still too thick, add a little more milk.
- Divide the batter evenly amongst the round cake pans. We decided to use a mini baking pan in our recipe. However, feel free to use whichever size your little heart desires!
- Bake the cake for 40 – 50 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
- Beat the vegan butter until it becomes fluffy. It’s best to do this when the butter is at room temperature.
- Once the butter becomes fluffy, beat in Nature’s Flavors Organic Powdered Sugar.
- Add in the milk and Nature’s Flavors Organic Vanilla Extract.
- Cover the Carrot Cake with the Buttercream Frosting.
- Enjoy your Thanksgiving Vegan Carrot Cake with Buttercream Frosting!