Wanna smell like pumpkin spice and have ya skin feel nice? We got you! We made an exfoliating but nourishing pumpkin spice body scrub! This scrub includes sunflower oil, jojoba oil, brown sugar, honey, and Nature’s Flavors Organic Pumpkin Spice Fragrance Powder. All of the ingredients that we used for this scrub have amazing benefits for your skin. Here’s a quick breakdown of them:
Sunflower Oil Is;
- non-comedogenic! This means it will moisturize your skin without clogging your pores.
- rich in Vitamin E! Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps protect your skin against free radicals.
- amazing at protecting your skin’s natural barrier. Sunflower oil contains an element named Linoleic acid which can help your skin retain moisture and protect it against germs and bacteria.
Jojoba Oil Is;
- a natural humectant! This means it helps your skin retain moisture by creating a protective barrier.
- a sebum controller. Jojoba oil is similar to the sebum produced by your body naturally. It sends a signal to your hair and sweat follicles letting them know that no more sebum is needed
- also non-comedogenic. No clogged pores here!
Brown Sugar Is;
- the perfect exfoliator. Brown sugar helps molecules deeply penetrate the skin which loosens bonds of skin cells. This promotes new cell growth reveling healthier skin.
- a natural humectant. It keeps your skin beautiful and moisturized!
- very moisturizing! Even though brown sugar removes dead skin cells, its properties keep your skin hydrated and supple.
- anti-microbial. It helps your skin fight against infections.
- great at fading scars! Since honey is rich in antioxidants, it helps repair and nourish damaged skin.
- extremely hydrating! Making it the perfect addition to any body scrub!
For this sugar scrub you’ll need, a medium mixing bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, a spatula, and a container to store your scrub in. As we mentioned earlier, we used brown sugar (2 cups), sunflower oil (½ cup), jojoba oil (½ cup), honey (1 tablespoon), and our Organic Pumpkin Spice Fragrance Powder (½ teaspoon).
Begin by pouring 2 cups of brown sugar into your mixing bowl.
Next, add in ¼ teaspoon of Nature’s Flavors Organic Pumpkin Spice Fragrance Powder. A little goes a long way! You want to mix these two ingredients together before adding any oils into your mixture.
After the brown sugar and the fragrance powder are evenly combined, you can begin to pour in the oils. Add in the jojoba oil.
Then comes the sunflower oil!
And then comes the honey!
After you’ve added all of your ingredients together, mix away! We used a whisk but feel free to use whatever works best for you.
It’s time to transfer!
We hope you love this pumpkin spice sugar scrub! Stay hydrated!
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub
- Medium mixing bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing spoons
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 Cups Brown sugar
- ½ Cup Jojoba oil
- ½ Cup Sunflower oil
- ½ Teaspoon Nature’s Flavors Organic Pumpkin Spice Fragrance Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Begin by placing the brown sugar and Nature’s Flavors Organic Pumpkin Spice Fragrance Powder in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until the fragrance powder is evenly combined.
- Next, add the jojoba oil, sunflower oil, and the honey into the mixture and mix.
- Transfer your scrub into an airtight container and enjoy!
- Nature’s Flavors offers sunflower oil and jojoba oil!
- You can replace the fragrance powder for any other fragrance powder you’d like. The possibilities are endless!