Natural Coconut Mango Body Wash
With media being a present role in our everyday lives, we’ve been conditioned to expect our body wash and shower necessities to be foamy and rich in scent. However, those fragrances and consistencies of body wash are often packed with harsh chemicals. It’s crucial we know what we’re putting on our bodies because this is the only skin we’ll ever have. In this article we’ll break down some ingredients to avoid in body wash as well as how to make a natural body wash. We created a Coconut Mango Body Wash but you can swap out our fragrance oils for your desired scent. We have a wide variety of fragrance oils to choose from!
Ingredients to Avoid
- Fragrances are common amongst skincare but there can be many toxic ingredients within them.
- Companies don’t have to list what the fragrance is made of. It is self regulated so there is no authority overseeing the process.
- Synthetic fragrances have often been linked to cancer, child autism, birth defects, allergic reactions, asthma.
- Parabens are often used to prevent mold and bacteria from growing in beauty products.
- They contain estrogen-mimicking properties that have been associated with breast cancer
- Your skin absorbs these chemicals
- Triclosan is a synthetic antibacterial ingredient that is often used in skincare, some cosmetics, and toothpastes.
- Studies have shown hormone alteration in animals
- May be harmful to the immune system
- May prompt cancer cells
All in all, staying aware of what is listed on the ingredient list of a product is important. It’s best to familiarize yourself with these harmful ingredients so that you know what to avoid. So now that you know a little more about what we put on our bodies, let’s get started on this Natural Coconut Mango Body Wash! To be clear, our fragrance oils (all of our products) are derived from vegetables, fruits, and plants. We don’t include any yucky stuff in our products! Our Fragrance Oils are organic, vegan, and kosher!
- Mixing bowl
- Soap bottle
- Nature’s Flavors Citric Acid (1 teaspoon)
- Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil (2 tablespoon)
- Honey (1 tablespoon)
- Nature’s Flavors Mango Fragrance Oil (10 drops)
- Liquid Castile Soap (1 1/2 cup)
- Nature’s Flavors Coconut Fragrance Oil (10 drops)
- Nature’s Flavors Guar Gum (1 teaspoon)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil, honey, and Nature’s Flavors Citric Acid together.
- Next, add in 2 drops of Nature’s Flavors Mango Fragrance Oil and two drops of Nature’s Flavors Coconut Fragrance Oil.
- Sprinkle in Nature’s Flavors Guar Gum and immediately after add in the castile soap.
- Continue to whisk until everything is smooth. You don’t want the mixture to thicken or it will cause clumps.
- Store your Coconut Mango Body Wash in a sterilized bottle and make sure to shake before each use.
- HAPPY CLEAN SHOWERING!
Other DIY Beauty Projects