All-Natural Homemade Playdough
We’re in for a super fun project for the kiddos today. We created All-Natural Homemade Playdough! There’s no more need to worry about the unknown chemicals that are usually found in kids playdough. You have complete control over the ingredients!
- Medium pot/pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Disposable pipettes
- Parchment paper
- All-purpose flour (2 cups)
- Salt (1 cup)
- Cream of tartar (2 tablespoons)
- Water (2 cups)
- Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil (2 tablespoons)
Nature’s Flavors All-Natural Food Colors
We used our natural food colors to give our playdough some color. We carry a wide selection of natural and organic food colors so make sure to check us out!
- Orange Food Coloring, Natural
- Red Food Coloring (Made with Beets), Natural
- Yellow Food Coloring (Made with Turmeric), Natural
- Blue Food Coloring, Natural
- Lime Khaki Green Food Coloring, Natural
- Combine the flour, salt, cream of tartar, water, and Nature’s Flavors Coconut Oil in a pan and mix well until everything is well combined.
- Place the pan on a stovetop and heat all of the ingredients on medium heat. Make sure to stir frequently to avoid the play dough from burning onto the pan.
- The consistency of the playdough will become thicker. Once the playdough stops sticking to the sides of the pan, remove it from the stove top and allow it to slightly cool.
- Meanwhile, cut five medium pieces of parchment paper and set them aside.
- Once the playdough has slightly cooled, (should still be warm to touch) divide it into five even pieces. We rolled each of the five pieces of playdough into balls.
- Place each ball of playdough on each piece of parchment paper. Wrap up the playdough to avoid it becoming crumbly and hard.
- Remove the parchment paper from the playdough ball. Place the parchment paper on a flat surface and put the playdough ball on top of the parchment paper.
- Put on a pair of gloves and using a disposable pipette, drop 15-25 drops of food color onto the playdough ball.
- Knead the dough until the food color is evenly distributed.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the dough.
- We hope your kiddos enjoy this All-Natural Homemade Playdough!
Other fun DIY projects!